The Ogemaw Hills Snowmobile Club was formed in December of 1967 and incorporated in 1972. Ogemaw Hills Snowmobile Club (OHSC) is responsible 105 miles of trails within Ogemaw County as a grant holder from the Michigan DNR.
On February 24, 2024, OHSC will celebrated its 56th Anniversary including OHSC’s 12th Annual Vintage Snowmobile Show & Ride. This event is open to the public.
OHSC is located at Frank Alley Memorial Park. The memorial park is named for a noted citizen from West Branch who sold Ski-Doo snowmobiles in the early days. Over three acres of parking is available including a pavilion and an outhouse located at the south end of the parking lot.
Frank Alley Memorial Park is minutes off I-75, about 12 miles north of West Branch, Michigan and approximately 5.7 miles west of Rose City on Rose City Rd (County F28), then south on Fairview Rd. From the intersection of I-75 & M-59 to OHSC Frank Alley Memorial Park, travel time is approximately two hours and fifteen minutes. From the intersection of US-23 & M-59 to OHSC Frank Alley Memorial Park, travel time is approximately two hours.
OHSC currently grooms/maintains 105 miles of trails starting from the trailhead located at our clubhouse/groomer barn at Frank Alley Memorial Park.
From Home-Travel and Leisure Outdoors
“When traveling north on I-75 from the southeast corner of the Lower Peninsula, …..(OHSC) is the closest place to catch the trail system. Once on the snowmobile trails, you can go wherever you want – even the Upper Peninsula. For snowmobilers with limited time to hit the trails…. those close to southeastern Michigan can make a day trip to sled in the beautiful hills of Ogemaw and surrounding counties. For more spirited snowmobilers, OHSC at Frank Alley Memorial Park is a great location to begin a backpack adventure to Michigan’s northern lower peninsular and beyond. Snowmobilers leaving OHSC at Frank Alley Memorial Park trailhead have journeyed through connecting trails to destinations as Mackinaw City, western side of northern Lower Michigan, sunrise side of northern Lower Michigan, Upper Michigan locations and as far as Wisconsin.” – Home-Travel and Leisure Outdoors
- ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE AND VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE SHOW AND YOUTH SLED RAFFLE
- Monthly Newsletter
- To kick-off the snowmobile season which begins Dec 1st annually, a Club hosted kick-off dinner the first Saturday of December for all members in good standing with club membership dues paid.
- Annual club trip(s) to a predetermined location
- Monthly club meetings August through May
- Produce and sell 4-county snowmobile trail maps of Ogemaw, Oscoda, Alcona, and Iosco Counties
- Trail maintenance in the spring, fall, winter and summer for ORV’rs
- Trail grading
- Tree cutting
- Brush clearing
- Replacing and/or repairing signage
- Equipment maintenance
- Cut, split, stack firewood for OHSC’s warming shed on trail #6
- Warming shed located on Trail #6 about .12 miles west of Trail #967
OHSC is made up of volunteers who give their personal time to make the trail systems safe and enjoyable through their efforts.
Check out Ogemaw Hills Snowmobile Club for great short and/or long local snowmobile rides, OHSC’s club trip(s) and other family-oriented events. Visit us! Attend a meeting! Join us! Enjoy the company of new friends. Snowmobile with us. Be involved with a rewarding trail maintenance program. Keep this great sport alive.
Community Service Projects
The Club is committed in working with the community to promote growth and commerce within Ogemaw County.
The Club’s past community service projects include:
- OHSC hosts an annual Sasquatch Bike Chase, sponsored by MyMichigan Health which benefits West Branch hospital groups.
- Assist the West Branch Visitors Bureau in promotional events.
- Ogemaw Heights HS – Rachel’s Closet
- Scholarship Award – graduating senior at Ogemaw Heights High School
- Michigan Snowmobile & ORV Association (MISORVA) Debt Reduction
- Michigan Snowmobile & ORV Association (MISORVA) Blue Ribbon Coalition
- Eastern Michigan Food Bank
- West Branch Chamber of Commerce Member
- Rose City/Lupton Chamber of Commerce Member
- Toys for Tots
- MyMichiganHealth – Sasquatch Gravel Chase Race